Saturday, October 31, 2009

2007 Chateau Pesquie Cotes du Ventoux Les Terrasses

A favorite value wine of Robert Parker (and from an incredible vintage) the 2007 Chateau Pesquie Les Terrasses is a wine I was anxious to try. I've had this wine in prior vintages, and it usually does overdeliver. The 2007 vintage is special in the southern Rhone as I've noted, so this wine had received rave reviews.

I'm pleased to say that the wine lived up to the expectation, as it was absolutely delicious. A blend of 70% Grenache and 30% Syrah, it adds just a hint of elegance to the typical Rhone terroir of the Grenache, something you would expect in a wine costing 2-3 times what this does. In most vintages, I'd recommend this wine, but for 2007 definitely seek it out as there are few wines in the $12-$15 range that will deliver as much drinking pleasure.

No comments: