Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2004 Mazzei Badiola IGT Toscana

Mazzei makes a wide range of wines in Tuscany, from everyday drinkers like this, up to top Supertuscans. 2004 was a fantastic vintage in Tuscany, so when I saw this wine on the shelf I figured I would pick some up. As has been the case with most every 2004 I have tried from the region, I was not disappointed.

The 2004 Badiola IGT isn't a wine that will win any awards or get super-high scores, but it is a wonderful red wine to have with dinner any night of the week. A blend of 75% Sangiovese and 25% Merlot, it offers good fruit with just enough complexity to stand up to food and complement it. With pasta or pizza, this is wine you want to have, especially for the $12 price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice wine, please, visit
http://nossovinho.com/