Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2006 Mas Que Vinos Ercavio

One of the many inexpensive Spanish wines that have gained critical acclaim over the past few years is Mas Que Vinos Ercavio. This Tempranillo from the region of La Mancha has garnered 90 point ratings from Parker over the past couple of years and I have certainly enjoyed the prior efforts.

However, this year's vintage did not wow me. Instead, I found this to be one of those wines that seems to have been produced in a simplistic style with lots of fruit but nothing to go with it. There was no real structure or complexity to the wine, and it instead reminded me of some of the Aussie wines that have come out lately. I don't know if my tastes have been changing some, or if this wine just isn't as good, but I was disappointed in this latest vintage.

No comments: