Wednesday, July 23, 2008

2006 Borsao Campo de Borja

You may recall I have previously posted an entry on the top cuvee from this winery, but this one is for their "standard" wine imported to the US. The 2006 Borsao continues a remarkable run for this winery and a wine that is still the greatest value on the market today in my opinion. Every time I open a bottle of Borsao, I am reminded of this when I get an immediate reward of a nice floral nose and a taste of lighter berries and spice.

Is this wine out of this world? No, but I love to fool people with it, as most everyone would expect this to be a $25-$30 bottle of wine. Maybe not world-class, but a very good bottle. That's when I shock everyone (and continue to remind myself) that this wine usually retails for about $7 (sometimes I still find it for $5.99). The latest vintage delivers once again, so if you are on a budget, I highly recommend this wine, because you will never find a better wine for the price.

No comments: