Sunday, May 8, 2011

The blog is back! Vinitaly 2011 needs a report

It's been just over a year since I last posted here, as eventually the effort to keep up with every wine I was drinking got to be too much. I've decided to give things another go now, and really just focus on events. Going forward, most of the posts will be reports on tastings I attend, or special gatherings with friends or family that present the opportunity to try some great wines. I hope that with this new format I can present some great wines that I have the opportunity to drink, and hopefully these posts will elicit some discussion from those of you who take the time to read.

Of course, there's no better way to re-start things than with my reports from Vinitaly 2011 last month in Verona. Once again, Dad and I ventured over, this time joined by my Mom as well. It was a wonderful trip, and the three days we spent at the Veronafiere were incredible as usual. The weather was unseasonably warm, to the point where it was uncomfortable in some pavilions Saturday and Sunday. Nevertheless, we managed to taste a whopping 220 wines and came away impressed with many great producers from the length of the country. I'll keep each post to a session of time, splitting each day into morning and afternoon. Thus, 6 posts plus a possible wrapup that includes all of the the wines we had on the trip outside of the 3 days at the fair.

No comments: