Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2007 Borsao Campo de Borja

It's time again to mention my favorite value wine on the market, the best $6-7 wine you will find. The 2007 Borsao Campo de Borja continues the run of great overachievers from this producer. Whenever I buy a bottle of this, I inevitably leave it one the rack for a month or so, passing it over for more expensive choices (and since everything else is more expensive it's not really tough). Once I do open it, I remember why I bought the wine - it offers a nice floral nose to start, then a nice lighter fruit flavor on the palate.

I once again put this wine up as the standard for what a really bargain-priced wine can be. There is no comparison at this price point, and the consistency for the last several vintages means if you are in a store and see this, pick it up without hesitation.

No comments: