Sunday, August 10, 2008

2004 Allegrini Palazzo della Torre

Another one of my perennial favorites, the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre rarely disappoints. The 2004 vintage was a pretty good one in the Veneto, and this wine reflects that, showing off plenty of fruit without being overdone.

This wine used to be classified as a Ripasso, but Allegrini has chosen to go the IGT route in the past few years allowing them to add a touch of Sangiovese to the Corvina and Rondinella. To me, this softens the wine just a bit and makes it a bit lighter on its feet. This also to me makes it a great food wine. Usually retailing still for around $20, this is a very reasonably priced wine that I have enjoyed for several vintages and will hopefully continue to do so.

One last note - I've fallen a bit behind here, so several posting will be coming in up here tonight and tomorrow as I try to catch up.

No comments: