Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2005 Feraud-Brunel Cotes du Rhone-Villages

A collaboration between two of Chateauneuf's best winemakers, Feraud-Brunel's Cotes du Rhone Villages has been a favorite of mine for several years. Andre Brunel of Les Cailloux and Laurence Feraud of Pegau make some great (and highly priced) wines, so it's great to see what they can do with more of an everyday wine. I only recently drank my last bottle of the 2001, and it was still quite good, so I was anticipating my first taste of the 2005.

I am pleased to report that the latest vintage is just as good as previous years. The wine offers plenty of garrigue typical of a Grenache-based Southern Rhone wine. Coming in at around $16, it's a wine I definitely recommend for those searching out a good valued Southern Rhone.

No comments: