Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2005 Turley Juvenile Zinfandel

Loudoun and Ashley also brought me the most recent allocation of Turley's we had received, so when I decided on barbecued chicken for dinner after they left, I figured I could take out an older Turley to drink with it. My choice was the 2005 Juvenile, a rare Turley I have not heard very good things about. Many people don't really like the Juvenile compared to the rest of the wimery's portfolio, and 2005 wasn't really a strong vintage.

Well, I was surprised when I opened this and found it to be what I considered to be a more typical Turley. It didn't hold back anything, coming right at you with plenty of fruit and also a bit of alcohol. I was quite pleased with this wine overall - to me, it once again shows the talent at Turley to take the youngest vines they have and produce a wine that still something special among Zinfandels.

No comments: