Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2005 Volver La Mancha

A Spanish wine that I picked up solely base don the review note posted in the store, I wasn't sure what to expect out of the 2005 Volver. Well, this Tempranillo from the region of La Mancha did not disappoint. It is a Jorge Ordonez wine, and might be a little too "New World" for some people, but when you're in the mood and prepared for a fruit-forward modern-styled wine, this won't disappoint.

It's not something I'm always looking for, but I was really wowed by this wine, especially considering the price of about $15. It's also probably the first wine I've had from La Mancha, not known right now for producing top quality wines, but this wine might help put it on the map. If it's not obvious from what I've written thus far, I highly recommend this wine for those looking for a wine that overdelivers for its price.

No comments: