Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2005 Robert Biale Zappa Proprietary Red

It's rare these days for me to drink a Zinfandel other than those in my cellar (mainly Turley), and though this wine is technically labeled as a "Proprietary Red," Zinfandel is the largest component (the wine also has Petite Sirah and Syrah as well). I found this wine in Charlotte recently, where a store had splits for just $13 each, so I picked up a couple. I've had a couple of Zins from this producer and found them to be pretty good, so I was anxious to see how this wine was.

The 2005 Robert Biale Zappa is good enough to stack up with any of the great Zinfandels produced these days. Full-bodied with lots of dark fruits and spice, it also has just a bit of elegance that keeps it from totally knocking you back. I definitely recommend Biale to folks who are looking for some of the best Zinfandels and blends on the market today.

No comments: