Monday, February 23, 2009

2006 Argiolas Costera

I had just recently tried a bottle of the 2006 Argiolas Costera and was a bit underwhelmed for a wine I've enjoyed in previous vintages, so I wanted to give it another try. This time, the wine was much more like what I have come to expect from this producer. It didn't quite match the high quality of the 2005, but it was still quite enjoyable. Drunk over three nights, the Costera, which is made from the Cannonau grape, offered great pleasure throughout.

Perhaps the wine just needed a little time to settle down, or maybe the last bottle had some slight heat damage. This time, there was plenty of fruit, and a lightness that kept it from seeming overdone. I'm glad to see that Argiolas is still on track, because this is typically a very good wine for the price.

No comments: